Discover Dimitra’s sanctuary in Elefsina, the sacred city of the ancient world, just an hour away from Athens. It is here, in the midst of the blooming nature where Dimitra fought with Ades, to get her beautiful daughter Persephone back to life from the world of the Dead. This is where life and death and re-birth were celebrated. Here, the world famous Elefsinian mysteries were performed and the highest priests would achieve wisdom and power through secret rituals and initiation rites. A fascinating walk through history and the mysteries of life and death, one of the finest collections of ancient and Roman art at the small museum and a whole ancient, sacred city out there for you to discover. And as if this was not good enough, we finish this tour by the sea, with tsipouro and freshly fished seafood on our favorite and authentic local taverna.
Feel free to personalize this offer by contacting us with your special requests
- A treat for the kids
- Tips and recommendations for the rest of your trip
- Duration: 5-7 hours, depending on your wishes
- Price per person: from 100€
- Languages spoken: English, French, Dutch, Greek
- Including: Private guide, A/C car or mini-van with driver
- Not including: Food and drinks, entrance tickets
- Group number: 1-12 persons.
*Please note that our tours are 100% private, only for you and your family or friends. Small groups allow for a more intimate and personal experience. Bigger groups are welcome upon request.
Free cancellation up to 14 days before experience date
No refunds within 14 days of experience date.